VONZIPPER is about lifestyle and personality. Our mission is to develop, design and deliver premium eyewear, goggles, soft goods and accessories to the alternative mindset through participation in the sideways subculture and a commitment to the individual. Everything we do is a reflection of relationships; from employees and team riders, to our retailers and their customers. We bring smiles to faces and touch people with positive declarations of rebellion.
VONZIPPER is a California-based eyewear and accessories manufacturer, founded in 2000 in a modest San Clemente warehouse. VZ began as a band of friends who shared a mutual magnetism to freedom and the do-it-yourself mentality. Today, over a decade later, VonZipper exists to spread that gospel through innovative design, supreme style, and strict attention to the details.The Key Account Manager is primarily responsible for developing key accounts & majors within the USA & Canada. This includes Department Stores, Teen Retailers, Action Sports Chains, Large E-Tailers & Sporting Goods.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Clearly define the “key account” landscape defining targeted retailers & timelines for entry.
- Working with the brand team, develop a Brand Presentation that is specific to each of the targeted key accounts.
- Considering the target retailers, map & determine any barriers to entry including solutions as a part of the initial brand pitch.
- Develop product assortment plans, by retailer, in accordance with the channel objectives.
- Manage complete sales process, including brand and product presentation, sampling, securing purchase orders and EDI’s and assuring maximum order fulfilment.
- Maintain sales/stock/margin/receipt flow plans and action against accordingly.
- Accurately plan and forecast the monthly, seasonal sales by division assuring proper BOM Stock/Receipt and margin plans for mutual profitability.
- Monitor and action against weekly selling to maximize opportunities. Deliver end-of-month sales/stock/margin/product reports to internal cross-functional team.
- Build comprehensive seasonal, customer-specific growth and assortment plan including SMU development and marketing initiatives.
- Build account relationships through daily communication with categorical buyers.
- Develop regular sales feedback to Merchandise & Design on all purchased styles on pre-agreed and mutually beneficial reporting templates. This should include competition reviews and trend reports.
- Integrate with Marketing to ensure that key accounts are suitably supported through digital & social mediums. Consider plans & promotions that drive demand through these critical channels.
- Assist in the delivery of Point of Purchase materials and other retail marketing initiatives.
- College Graduate or better
- Strong planning and retail math background.
- Retail buying experience a plus.
- Sales representative experience in apparel sales with major customers.
- General knowledge of all aspects in apparel sales including design, production, marketing and operations.
- Extremely organized.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- 2+ years of Sales experience with major customers. A proven track record of result driven success with these accounts.
- Entrepreneurial approach to business, a high intensity and energetic individual.
- Brand & product presentation.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient time manager.
- Computer competency in all areas with emphasis on operating systems, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Internet and Operating system experience.