Ed D’Ascoli founded Xcel in 1982, working from the bedroom of his Sunset Beach house. D’Ascoli found no shortage of inspiration from the world-class performances on display at his doorstep; and the opportunity to create and to connect high-performance products with the athletes who demanded them was irresistible. Xcel’s passionate focus on product development would become the defining characteristic of the brand.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a lead for Xcel marketing efforts by driving a best-in-class GTM/GTC plan, budget management, analytics and practices.
- Support the brand by developing and implementing marketing strategies that are aligned with the vision to increase sales and brand awareness leading to sustainable growth of the overall business.
- Develop engagement programs that put brand at center of culture and drive passion for the Xcel brand.
- Develop marketing plan that is based on deep understanding of customers, consumers and competitors as well as other attributes of the marketplace.
- Build and drive the supporting processes to define and deliver programs that drive our business forward.
- Assist leadership with marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Foster an environment of digital first approach to ensure that a consistent consumer message is brought to life across all key touch points. Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data.
- Establish a communication schedule that will include program check-ins, recaps reports outlining quantifiable results, program analysis and recommendations to leadership team.
- Drive integration across all marketing functions. Ensure all activities align with the designated “look & feel”.
- Develop media plans that drive sales, equity, and ROI, and support seasonal programs.
- Responsible for marketing budget and optimizing the cost to benefit ratio.
- Trusted advisor to leadership team on all marketing efforts.
- Deliver all programs on time, within budget, and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills - Excel, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Strong organizational, planning & time management skills.
- Collaborative worker.
- Marketing experience in the action sport industry.
- Product knowledge and involvement in action sports.
- Must cope with flexible and varied work schedule, given the requirement to support weekend events, etc.
- Enthusiastic personality to motivate others to participate in events and promote the brand.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment.