Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to join our small but busy team. In this exciting position, you will play a key role in our trade and event marketing. You will contribute to building revenue across all brick and mortar channels via targeted marketing and coordinate our womens marketing events. You will need be highly organized, have the ability to think strategically but at the same time not be afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done – this could include anything from ensuring our accounts get the assets they need through to prepping for an event.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Channel segmentation marketing planning & budget accountability.
- Marketing campaigns coming to life at retail – from windows to in store POP, to table presentation, plan-o-grams (wholesale/vertical).
- Sell in Presentations for the brand, including overarching season launch presentations and also specific for key retailers.
- Partner with sales team to secure wholesale real estate & OTB.
- Partner with sales team to bring shop-in-shop concepts to wholesale partners.
- Lead to negotiate and create key (volume) retail partner specific marketing campaigns.
- Brief all retail needs for wholesale/vertical to the creative team in detail.
- Window, POP, Props, In Store Signage – consolidation of orders, production and distribution (wholesale/vertical).
- Shop Girls program – ambassador/brand building program (wholesale & vertical).
- Build e-mail and customer loyalty experiences at retail.
- America’s Direct Mail Catalog program.
- Calendar and budget responsibility.
- 5+ experience in marketing, trade marketing, multi-door retailer in similar role.
- Sales experience, preferably with an apparel retail organization.
- Project management experience.
- Strong powerpoint/keynote presentation skills.
- Event experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, process skills.
- Creative eye, creative brainstorming skills.
- Self-starter skills.