Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Digital Content Associate is responsible for digital content ideation and creation related to demand creation and brand building on all digital and social platforms for the Billabong Mens's business in the Americas.
Those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted within 3 week period
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ideation, creation and curating of all outside digital content. Oversee all execution.
- Ensure high quality execution of editorial photos and storytelling for future digital and ecommerce needs; execute real-time social content.
- Day to day management and reporting of blog content, optimizing wherever possible.
- Tasked with creating and maintaining a daily weekly content calendar related to brand and supporting SEO building.
- Copywriting or copy editing for various digital needs.
- Tasked, in conjunction with Global Digital/Social Media Marketing Manager, to create and execute paid digital ads that elevates content to relevant consumers.
- 3+ years experience in digital/social marketing coordination for a lifestyle brand.
- Previous experience creating digital content for a brand.
- Editorial or Journalism background preferred.
- Ability to identify opportunities and execute on them
- Understanding of brand DNA
- Highly productive
- Team player