Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Digital Content Associate is responsible for assisting the Global Digital/Social Media marketing Manager in digital content ideation and creation related to demand creation and brand building on all digital and social platforms for the Billabong Women's Business in the Americas.
Those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted within 3 week period
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ideation, creation and execution of all outside digital content
- Attend campaign shoots to execute behind the scenes photos and storytelling for future digital and ecommerce needs; execute real-time social content.
- Attend big influencer trips to host and create additional content; execute real-time social content.
- Day to day management and reporting of "Love Like Summer" social platforms.
- Tasked, in conjunction with Social Media Coordinator, to create weekly blog/social content ideas related to brand and SEO building.
- Copywriting for various digital needs.
- Persona and voice of the brand to consumers.
- Tasked, in conjunction with Global Digital/Social Media Marketing Manager, to create and execute paid digital ads.
- 3+ years experience in digital/social marketing coordination for a lifestyle brand.
- Previous experience creating digital content for a brand.
- In Studio content creation.
- Key skill requirements are creativity, highly productive, organized, communicative, team player and understanding of brand DNA.