The Sales Associate is responsible for various tasks in the store and stock room to support management team members and the overall business operations of our retail stores. The Sales Associate will consistently provide exceptional customer service and uphold all company policies, programs and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations and support the company customer service and sales program.
- Use best judgment in all customer service matters.
- Demonstrate urgency to assist customers, using Non-negotiable Selling Standards, stopping task to focus on service.
- Demonstrate proficiency performing register transaction.
- Display natural enthusiasm when talking to customers.
- Represent company brands through personal appearance standard.
- SALES AND SERVICE PROGRAM
- Required to complete Training Program.
- Required to meet weekly sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Required to complete daily, weekly and quarterly sales tracking forms.
- Demonstrates initiative in seeking out tasks when not assisting customers.
- Ensures work area is clean, organized and safe for customers and employees.
- Work in a safe manner following all safety practices outline in the company Safety Program.
- Process shipment according to established best practices.
- Accurately follow all merchandise placement instructions.
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlined in the P & P manual and employee handbook.
- LOSS PREVENTION
- Protect company assets by demonstrating and complying with all LP policies and procedures.
- Cover assigned zone and communicate with M.O.D. whenever leaving the zone.
- Report suspected or known theft to supervisor, Loss Prevention Manager or Silent Witness Hotline.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to climb, reach, bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pound, with assistance, occasionally on both the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Ability to work on the store sales floor for extended period of time -- up to 90% of assigned shift.
- Ability to operate cash register and fold and display merchandise.