Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RV
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create and develop strategic site placements for all products, build relevant merchandised assortments in support of business priorities, leveraging sales, analytics and high converting products to improve conversion.
- Work with the Men's merchandising coordinator to set up website for each new season prior to it being enabled- ensure all products are shot according to style guide, assign all products to appropriate category and collection pages, check product descriptions/images/info/assets for accuracy, set up product upsells etc.
- Keep track of all missing images and coordinate with M&D, warehouse and photo studio to pull product and schedule photo shoots as needed.
- Ensure copy/messaging & images are optimized on key product pages
- Keep track of daily new product arrivals and ensure proper placement on site.
- Work with marketing teams to update site banners and layout to match any GTM Strategies.
- Assist with seasonal buys by entering orders into the B2B system.
- Suggest possible 3rd party products to sell on the site that coincide with the brands image.
- When needed, work with photo studio and M&D teams for catalog and creative photo shoots.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 3 Years merchandising experience in apparel industry, preferably the action sports industry.
- Demonstrated success merchandising for retail or online environments.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Professionally articulate with good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work with AS400-based ERP systems and other third party reporting tools would be preferred.