Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Visual Road Merchandiser is primarily responsible for the display and rework of product as well as merchandise in store fixers and visuals to uphold company standards. The role will also work closely with reps, visual manager, sales manager and other visual merchandiser as well as external wholesale accounts/employees and buyer.
Those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted within 3 week period
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Merchandise in-store fixtures and sections to maximize the assortment and visual presentation while upholding company standards.
- Display and rework product so merchandise looks fresh and new.
- Assist in updating visuals and graphics.
- 2 – 3 years of hands on experience merchandising product and working with in-store fixtures.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong fashion and styling sense.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to accept critique and feedback.
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to multiple store locations.