Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted within 3 week period
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that in-season product/store inventory levels reflect the Merchandising strategies.
- Responsible for determining appropriate allocation method and allocating merchandise to individual stores to achieve balanced stock and optimal sales performance.
- Maintain fixture fill through appropriate allocation quantities where applicable.
- Provide analysis identifying opportunities within stores, categories and sizes.
- Set-up and Maintain Basic Stock Models or Auto Replenishment where applicable.
- Pre-allocate receipts to better aid in time management.
- Weekly review of stock to sales reports and communicate issues to Buying and Senior Allocator.
- Provide size analysis and share findings to assist buyers in future purchases.
- Work with customer and warehouse on shipping and order issues.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years of Planning/Allocation Experience.
- Understands basic retail math.
- Significant analytical experience and computer proficiency with programs like MS Excel and allocation system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization, creative problem-solving, and a continuous improvement mentality are requirements.
- Skilled in Excel and allocations system.