RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
We are currently seeking a Women's Design Director to design and develop the RVCA Women's line while managing the team and contributing towards the growth of the business.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Research and build seasonal design direction packet, including trend analysis report
- Initiate and manage artist capsules with category designers to completion
- Manage seasonal print selection and execution
- Build seasonal color story
- Coach category designers, and review all category designs prior to major presentations
- Attend fit sessions
- Design assigned categories from concept through tech pack
- Be available for major presentations including cad review, “adopt or drop”, and sales meetings
- Set KPIs for individual team members as required.
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching and recognition.
- Work with HR to manage non-performance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Work with HR to recruit, select, and induct direct reports.
- Role model behaviors expected from your team and in line with company values.
- Ensure employees are well informed and teamwork is fostered.
- Ensure team adherence to legal and policy requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Fashion Design or similar are essential
- 7+ years design and garment construction experience
- Experience leading a design team
- Understanding of graphic art, colours, fabrics, trim and fit is essential
- Sound knowledge of the fashion and fabric industry
- Understanding the needs of the market, retailers, suppliers and merchandisers
- Demonstrated experience to research and develop designs, ideas, themes and convert ideas into products
- Experience in the development of themes through story boards
- Thorough knowledge of the product design process
- Experience in sourcing and production of suppliers
- Experience in briefing, directing and supervising a team of designers
- Capability to independently manage projects, present and report at a senior management level
- Ability to manage the design and development of a complete range