Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in action sports market.The Designer for Men's Graphics and Headwear will design and assist in the development of men's headwear products and printable graphic programs for the Billabong brand. The position will deliver on specific account/channel/consumer needs to create channel segmentation and account differentiation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design products across headwear categories and create graphics for the printable categories for the Billabong Men’s brand.
- Help to develop seasonal ranges including tech design / bom / color / visual line planning.
- Assist in developing new constructions, fabrications, techniques, treatments and processes to help lead the marketplace and deliver on specific needs.
- Design / create into identified opportunities as architected in the range as well as bring consumer relevant ideas and concepts to the table.
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance with margin requirements.
- Work closely with development in reviewing prototypes, strike offs and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct information to suppliers.
- Work with development and technical design to ensure that all information on Line Plan, PLM, catalog, and AS400 are all correct and up to date.
- Assist in PLM management including style set-up for all styles and trims by creating and maintaining BOM’s, updating style information and changes as necessary, all sample comments, and approvals.
- Bachelors Degree, Business administration or Retail Merchandising preferred.
- 2+ years experience in product development.
- In-depth design and product development knowledge across accessory and footwear categories.
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop key relationships with vendors suppliers.
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Must be MAC computer literate in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Word, and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- PLM system knowledge.