Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel.
The Billabong Group HR team is seeking a Global HRIS Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for the general maintenance configuration, modification and first level technical support of HR, Payroll, Time and Attendance systems and HR reporting capabilities. He/she will also be responsible for ad hoc reporting, designing and maintaining the global Position Management database, including tracking, updating and reporting all changes. The role will work closely with the CHRO and VP Global Total Rewards & HR Systems on projects to provide Enterprise Reporting that will support the decision making ability of the Executive Leadership Team.
If you are an experienced HRIS Analyst with strong communication, customer service, analytical and problem solving abilities read on!
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within a three week period.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all aspects of functionality for North America HRIS (ADP Workforce Now and E-Time Time & Attendance Systems & Clocks) including requirements gathering, general maintenance configuration, testing, implementation, trouble shooting and problem resolution. Work with ADP customer support and technical teams when additional support is required.
- Work with regional HR leaders and representatives to gather information for global HR reporting on a quarterly basis. Import into Access or Excel database. In this capacity, strive to improve the process through simplification and standardization.
- Develop, maintain and enforce HR information reporting calendar.
- Design, maintain and update the global position management database (Access or Excel).
- Work with CHRO and VP Global Total Rewards & Systems to identify opportunities for global system unification and subsequent system implementation.
- Create standard reports and respond to ad-hoc requests for global data and reports. Consistently apply common method of global reporting (e.g., FTE vs. headcount, actual pay vs. annualised pay, common approach to employment on- costs, currency exchange methodology (YTD average vs. point in time, etc.).
- Assist with the roll-out and audit of global HR policies and processes across the organization.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, documentation creation and management related to global processes/workflows, policies and the use of the various HRIS applications ensuring consistent, thorough documentation.
- Collect and analyze data to provide enterprise reporting to the Executive Leadership Team to support strategic initiatives and the production and submission of reporting to meet regulatory, legislative, Board and other requirements. Develop and report Global HR metrics.
- Build stakeholder trust by understanding business concepts, issues and opportunities.
- Provide mediation to resolve differences in business perspectives to drive requirements consensus.
- Serve as a liaison between HR, finance and IT ensuring common understanding and alignment.
- Recommend business process improvement from an enterprise perspective, facilitate business process changes and facilitate change management.
- On-going creation of business analysis deliverables spanning the enterprise for stakeholder approval using best practice methods and tools; deliverables include process flows, business and functional requirements documents, high level designs and gap analysis.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development in emerging technologies. Continuously increase both HR and HRIS knowledge.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with HR information in each country the Billabong Group operates in (e.g., allowances, bonus programs, etc.).
- Effective management and coaching of team (role has 1 direct report).
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, information technology or related field.
- HRIP certification or other related HRIS certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years in an HRIS Analyst or other data analyst role.
- HR/Payroll application experience required and ADP Workforce Now and Kronos experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in configuration management in an enterprise environment is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, particularly human resources data.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, with ability to write complex formulas.
- Proficiency in Access database and Office 365 One Drive.
- Proficient in the use of enterprise reporting tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, process driven.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a complex and fast changing environment.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Team oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Self-starter – able to work independently managing deadlines in a fast paced, continuously evolving, and at times ambiguous environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to drive results.