Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel.
The Billabong Group Global Technology team is seeking a forward-thinking technical project leader to fill the role of Director - Technical Program Management. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering quality services and products while working closely with global business partners on strategic initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the global Ecommerce, POS, CRM and Loyalty Implementation and provide overall program level project status to internal Omni Board of Directors.
- Establish overarching Global Omni Technology strategy to enable an integrated technology asset and project portfolio for the Omni-Channel segment that is normalized and optimized for return on investment (ROI), total cost of ownership (TCO) and standardization.
- Establish IT governance to define and oversee project management policies, methodologies and guidelines and ensure they are followed.
- Establish and lead Omni managed services engagements and projects and provide vendor management oversight for the organization
- Define and track key performance metrics for the technology organization to support the SLAs with the business stakeholders.
- Run workflow management and investment optimization functions.
- Develop resource management and training strategy for technical staff as well as business staff when necessary.
- Participate in the development and management of the annual operating expense (opex) budget and capital expense (capex) budget as well as the long range multi-year budget plan.
- Establish budget control guidelines and processes working closely with regional project managers to prepare accurate capital expense (capex), operating expense (opex) budget reviews.
- Oversee audit and compliance programs across the Global Omni Technology segment to make sure that regional offices follow the established technology team best practices and processes.
- Preferred education: Master’s level degree in Information Systems, Technology or Business. Also preferred: PMP certification and Agile certification.
- Required education: BS or BA degree or equivalent in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience in the Retail, Apparel and Apparel Marketing Industry.
- Proven leadership within a complex organization holding a high profile global brand.
- Demonstrated extensive leadership experience in Portfolio management (IT as a business) with a large budget portfolio (>10MM or above) that is global and multi-functional.
- Strong experience in directing a centralized Project Management Office (PMO) and leading program and project management best practices with measureable performance criteria.
- Proven experience in leading a successful implementation of a portfolio and project management tool within a large budget portfolio that is global and multi-functional.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating, implementing and managing large managed services agreements for delivery and sustainment within a large budget technology portfolio.
- Experience in leading technology audit and compliance management and information security risk assessments, and reviewing/approving technology system-related security plans.
- Experience in developing a resource management and training strategy for employees; recruitment planning and work force management strategies.
- Demonstrated vendor and license management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in optimizing Project Management practices for both Waterfall and Agile delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business and supplier relationships that ensure the successful delivery of IT services that drives benefits to the Global Omni Technology segment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management and others on key decisions and direction to achieve operational priorities.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions.
- Demonstrated experience leading large organization-wide technology processes both locally and globally.
- Demonstrated ability to develop teams, mentor staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles.
- Demonstrated track record of functional innovation and execution excellence in high transaction, high availability and high complexity software ranging from digital software to enabling systems and systems of record.
- Demonstrated ability to develop geographically and otherwise diverse highly technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.