Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Sector 9, Honolua and Xcel.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Integrated Planner/Demand Planner to join our team. This highly visible, cross functional role will partner with the Director of Integrated Planning to create, refine and implement planning processes and consistency across our various business units and brands. This role is responsible for tracking and improving seasonal line efficiency and managing inventory plans to align product vision, sales targets and account service levels. The role is also responsible for the execution of cross functional integration processes to align brand driven merchandise & sales/marketing planning with the operational processes of supply chain including Sourcing, Production, Customer Service, and Inventory Management.
We are looking for individuals with prior experience in integrated / demand planning, forecasting and inventory management in a cross-functional environment. This busy roles will suit individuals who are highly organized with strong financial acumen, who can juggle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
In return, you will have variety, lots of people contact across the business and a great team to work with.
We thank everyone in advance for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted within a 3 week period.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide seasonal roadmap and hindsight analysis for the Wholesale business with LY and TY recommended category, style, and options plans
- Collaborate with Sales Planning in the update of seasonal forecasts and open to buy budgets while factoring in sales goals, trends, and relevant inventory levels
- Monitor Wholesale style/option levels and recommended rationalization of categories and product productivity targets in seasonal roadmaps and during the purchasing season
- Inventory management across the Wholesale channel and collaboration with the Retail and Ecommerce teams on inventory strategies
- Track and improve the buy process insuring product line efficiency, better turns, availability of the products delivering by product launch dates, and reduction of closeout inventory
- Ensure compliance with vendor lead times and minimum requirements through consultation with the Development, Sourcing, and Production team
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the open to buy budget (historical hindsight, market trends, seasonality, product life cycle, and inventory levels)
- Own the inventory projections and provides analysis for variance to forecast and risk and opportunities during the buying cycle
- Support Merchandising on product and sales analysis to meet financial category budgets and market demand
- Provide business analysis during pre-book and reorder period to compare brand performance on sales and product level
- Lead the bi-monthly inventory purchasing meetings with Sales Management, Product, Sourcing, and Production
- Collaborate with Sales and Merchandising in the identification of inventory risk and developing a strategic approach to move the inventory in a timely cost effective manner
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for S&OP planning process and systems.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with teams to ensure the current and accurate information is utilized for demand forecasts
- Facilitate best practices and communication between brands and regions
- Business or Finance degree
- 5+ years’ experience in planning, forecasting, and inventory management
- 5+ years direct experience in planning in a cross-functional environment
- Multi-Seasonal business environment
- Multi-Branded environment preferred
- Sound understanding of the concepts and practice of design and product development
- Awareness of market trends (trend forecasting) and having the ability to translate this into profitable growth and measureable results
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently and coordinate information from different sources
- Capability to manage projects, present, and report to all management levels
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills to deal effectively with a broad range of internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Utilize Excel in an advanced manner
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong decision making capabilities with attention to detail and accuracy