Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
This position will coordinate
all technical and back end operational functions between the buying department
and the store operations department
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Receive transfers
- Sales error adjustments
- Inventory adjustments
- Order maintenance
- Monthly sales reconciliation
- Communicate errors to Buyers
- Coordinate between Logistics and Allocation
- SKU maintenance
- Physical Inventory reconciliation
- Credit memo processing
- 3 years experience in back end retail systems (Retail Interact/AS400 preferable)
- Retail operations experience
- Some basic knowledge of finance.
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Retail Interact system
- Communicate clearly and accurately
- Ability to develop procedures for inventory transfers and adjustments
- Ability to process and receive orders
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Excel