Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.This position will work with each of the Brands to manage the International indirect markets including all Distributors & Licensees. This role focuses on growing and strengthening each brands position within the markets where the Billabong Group has business.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Primarily your focus will be on the Latin American markets however this role will also support staff within the regional teams of Asia Pacific and Europe.
- Implement and uphold the general business practices as outlined in the Billabong Group “International Distributor Guidelines”.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of each contracted market’s business environment as well as trading conditions.
- Work with each of the contracted international markets to provide day-to-day support executing against both the annual business plans (by country) as well as the contracted obligations.
- Ensure each of the Brands are appropriately represented within each of the contracted International Markets through regular calls, meetings and in-market travel.
- Host the international delegates at each of the bi-annual sales conferences for each of the Brands.
- By Brand, report weekly on each markets progress against sales and margin targets.
- Ensure each of the seasonal “selling tools” is issued and each market clearly understands the support and assets provided by the Billabong Group on a seasonal basis.
- Directly oversee the International Product Merchant ensuring that the product assortments from each of the brands are appropriate to seasonal conditions and the calendar / product timelines are achieved.
- Working with the Operations, Customer Service and team in BBG Asia ensure that countries are supplied inventory in full and on time.
- As a part of a team, assess each partner through the annual scorecard process.
- Monitor the annual marketing plans by country ensuring that each contracted market is executing to strategy and re-investing accordingly.
- Use initiative to create additional selling opportunities increasing product penetration in each International Market.
- Monitor monthly licensed retail metrics ensuring that each licensed door is performing to plan, drawing appropriate comparisons where necessary.
- Ensure that each licensed retail door is executing against the seasonal marketing strategy.
- Monitor and assist with each contracted markets social media & digital engagement strategy ensuring that the brand directives are adhered to, and the messaging is consistent with brand relevance.
- • Bachelor Degree
- • At least five years experience in International Business.
- At least ten years experience in a relevant industry with transferable learning’s.
- A Sales & Marketing background is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate reasonable financial analytics with P&L understanding.
- Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese preferred but not essential.
- Superior organization, concise communication with a detailed and analytical approach to your work.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – especially PowerPoint & Excel.
- Applied approach to business travel, comfortable presenting and documenting trips, meetings and market conditions.