Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.The our HR Generalist will be responsible for coordinating and executing a range of recruitment activities to support effective staffing across our business. We are seeking an individual with a strong recruitment background who also has previous experience general HR activities and projects.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate and execute recruitment activities for all level of the business.
- Partner with HR team and hiring managers to update and refine job descriptions for vacant positions.
- Ensure all positions vacant are within budget, compensation guidelines and are approved.
- Prepare and post job advertisements.
- Respond to candidates, hiring managers, the HR team, and agencies in a timely manner so all interested parties are kept informed on current recruitment activities.
- Research and utilize most up to date and relevant sourcing channels
- Shortlist, select and assess candidates.
- Customize interview guides in collaboration with the hiring manager.
- Support the flow of communication between new/potential candidates and hiring managers.
- Complete all administrative duties associated with recruitment lifecycle.
- Maintain recruitment templates and ensure job postings are relevant and accurately reflects our Brands.
- Build and maintain active candidate talent pools.
- Verify incoming new hire paperwork is complete and troubleshoot before handing complete new hire pack to payroll.
- Generate, record and coordinate return of employee offers and associated new hire payroll and HR paperwork.
- Send out new hire feedback survey and communicate results.
- Send out weekly welcome to our new hire email and position spotlight.
- General HR
- Provide general HR support as required – general HR advice, recruitment, employee relations, organizational restructuring, performance management, etc.
- Oversee the intern program.
- Facilitate orientation program.
- Work hand in hand with payroll to ensure accurate information is provided in a timely manner.
- Generate and coordinate paperwork for staff movements and employment changes
- Ensure all payroll changes go through approval process and are communicated to International HR Analyst.
- Act as a trusted and confidential advisor to managers and employees in handling any grievances or issues.
- Support annual performance and remuneration review process
- Produce reports as needed.
- Monitor morale and engagement through exit interviews and gain information to assist with recruitment activities.
- HR degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in a HR role with significant recruitment experience including strong candidate sourcing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of recruitment practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in building rapport and strategic relationships with hiring managers and candidates.
- Experience with general HR activities.