Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.The Sr. Experience Analyst of CEM is responsible for analyzing customer behavior on the website and across channels to deliver an exceptional experience. Grow sales by increasing customer loyalty through multiple purchases. Sr. Experience Analyst – CEM will serve as a key member of a cross-functional team, to help inform marketing strategies, maximize learning from marketing activity, and quantify the impact of marketing programs through the quantitative analysis of data, effective use of analytical tools and statistical methods, and innovative thinking.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic input into marketing & communications plans based on knowledge of past campaign performance and industry best practice.
- Development of strategic plans: explicitly defining what we want to learn, what we will measure to learn it, how we will measure it, frequency of measurement.
- Strategic test design using single variable, complete or fractional factorial matrix
- Develop ROI pro forma business case projections to set expectations for campaign performance.
- Design, implement and regularly deliver relevant dashboards and other reporting, complete with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Analyze and interpret behavior to illuminate opportunities to optimize channels, content, personalization/customization, pathways and funnels, and spend
- Make connections between program results and business situation, market dynamics, and consumer trends.
- Presentation of insights and associated recommendations to internal and external clients.
- Provide consolidated insights across similar campaigns and channels
- Contribute quantitative and behavioral insights to competitive assessments, quarterly business reviews and annual planning efforts.
- Successful candidates will play a strategic role in informing future marketing strategies and evaluation and optimization of marketing initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of quantitative analytical techniques and their application to marketing programs.
- 2-5 years of experience deriving insights through data and utilizing quantitative techniques to solve marketing or business problems, such as campaign analysis, a/b testing and program optimization.
- Prefer degree in quantitative field, such as Applied Math or Statistics, Behavior or Social Sciences, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- CRM Experience is required.
- Deep expertise in email, direct mail, and web, and functional knowledge of online display, mobile, social media and search as well.
- Skilled knowledge of key analytics platforms, particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar enterprise ESPs), Google Analytics as well as data visualization tools (Tableau, Domo).
- MS Excel expertise – logical functions, lookups, pivot tables, external source data, dynamic charts and tables, editing and writing macros.