Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.
The Global Sr. Manager of CEM & Data Strategy is a key leadership role in the digital organization at Billabong contributing to the continued evolution of our approach to digital marketing strategy and insight. This person will bring a combination of marketing quant rigor and experience, creativity, and strategic thinking to Billabong, and lead a team that service the entirely of Billabong’s global footprint. It is critical that the person who fills this role has the ability to build and manage executable marketing programs built on top of a comprehensive understanding of the Billabong Group’s customers; and communicate that customer and market insight clearly to the organization at large.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the CEM & Marketing Analytics practices at Billabong by identifying, scoping, and managing the analysis and interpretation of internal and external data to support marketing and sales decision-making.
- Own database marketing and CRM strategy while partnering with the IT and brand organizations to define business rules and use-cases for a Billabong Group integrated customer database.
- Combine disparate data sets (customer database, marketing behavior, social data, qualitative research data, macro-economic data, etc.) to expose brand realities, market opportunities, and potential marketing strategies.
- Drive the execution of data and customer-driven marketing strategies through the clear assessment, development, and communication of strategic CRM programs to the Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Define state of the art approaches to assess and model customer profiles, customer segmentation, and customer behaviors.
- Develop customer attribution and ROI models that are used to enhance testing and targeting, increase revenue, generate cost savings, and allocate resources more efficiently.
- Inform data capture via tagging, tracking, and behavioral measurement plans across all communications tools and our paid, earned, and owned media.
- Inform business rules development for dynamic communications strategies aimed at creating increasingly optimizing web platforms and communications devices.
- Manage website and campaign testing globally to continuously improve program efficencies.
- Lead a team composed of Analysts and Database Marketers, in order to execute communications and optimization plans.
- Stay up to date on state of the art statistical and mathematical approaches to building and managing customer profiles, segmentation, marketing analytics technology, and the evolution of data driven marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, economics, finance, marketing, social sciences, computer science, or other related degree. Masters/MBA preferred.
- 5-8+ years experience in analytics or data sciences within a marketing organization, advertising agency, or consulting firm.
- Significant experience in CEM strategy, digital marketing, social media technology, communications strategy, and execution.
- Experience with Social Listening tools, Social Management Platforms, Digital Media, Data Management Platforms, Trafficking Tools, Marketing cloud tools, and CRM technology is critical.
- At least 3 years of team management and staff leadership/
- Familiarity with and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research.