Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your experience as a Business Intelligence Developer to a unique business and working environment! We have a large, diverse scope of work providing you with real job satisfaction since no day will be the same as the next. We are an agile, fast paced business so you have the opportunity to make change quickly and efficiently. In this role you will provide technical analysis, design and development of Billabong’s global Business Intelligence platform and solutions.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the business with the gathering of requirements, advice, support and assistance with user acceptance testing procedures.
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing BI content, including the development of ETL jobs, semantic layer, and reports.
- Monitor availability and performance of the Business Intelligence infrastructure (software, databases and hardware)
- Provide technical expertise in project activities and significant BI initiatives
- Considerable experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing using SAP Business Objects (non BW/Hana), or be an expert in Microsoft SSAS with Power BI experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2014 and higher
- Significant knowledge of Business Intelligence practices and concepts, data quality practices and dimensional modelling
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work in a collaborative team environment across multiple functions
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in an application programming field
- Experience within the manufacturing and/or retail organization is highly regarded
- An understanding of our brands and what they represent to our customers