RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
This position is responsible for all aspects of marketing for the RVCA Women’s brand. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing demand and revenue, development and execution of go to market calendars, and developing seasonal plans to highlight the brand at retail, on social media and through RVCA E-Commerce.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
This position requires a creative individual with a strong background in and knowledge of all apparel categories with a strong eye for brand-right silhouettes, fabrics, and color. This individual will be responsible for hands-on designing of multiple Womens categories. This position will also work closely with the Design Director and team on seasonal themes, color stories, and trend forcasting.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in concepting initial mood, print and color direction with Design Director
- Researching trend direction and market analysis for appropriate categories
- Illustrate, color and spec original garments within multiple categories that reflect the RVCA brand direction as well as fulfilling merchandising & business needs
- Creation and maintenance of highly organized and fully detailed tech packs
- Conceptualization and composition of original yardage artwork/patterns, trimmings, embellishments, etc. as needed (also working with outside print resources)
- Adherence to various deadlines across multiple seasons in differing stages of development
- Comment on lab dips, strike offs, protos, etc., in a timely manner
- Supervise fit sessions and compile/compose concise notes to be communicated to development/production teams, prepare visual comments for factory
- Domestic and International travel required for inspiration and global meetings
- Work hand in hand with merchandising, technical department, and product development to achieve the best possible product each season
- Minimum 5 years in an Apparel Design role, designing key categories that drive business. Experience in denim/bottoms preferred
- Design degree preferred
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with yardage patterns and print processes (repeats, engineers, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of fabric weaves, contents/weights, finishing techniques
- Strong knowledge of apparel construction, fits, costing
- In-depth understanding of RVCA customer and RVCA design sensibility
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, prioritization skills, and articulate communication skills