RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
This position is responsible for all aspects of marketing for the RVCA Women’s brand. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing demand and revenue, development and execution of go to market calendars, and developing seasonal plans to highlight the brand at retail, on social media and through RVCA E-Commerce.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibilities will include concepting initial mood, print and color direction with Design Director.
- Researching trend direction and market analysis for appropriate categories.
- Must be able to thoroughly understand the needs of sales, pricing, style count etc and meet calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for designing the various categories for men’s division each season.
- Responsible for fitting all styles and preparing visual comments for factory
- Creating and maintaining all technical packages for categories.
- Work hand in hand with technical department, and product development to achieve the best possible product each season.
- This position is part of the existing men’s department; teamwork, collaboration and feedback with all team members is expected.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of trims, fabrications, construction, fit and silhouette
- Knowledge of print creation & techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop in a Macintosh environment. Yarn dye creation software experience (eg. Pointcarre) a plus.
- Needs to work well both independently and collaboratively, have excellent follow through skills and self-initiative.
- Must be ready and willing to take on any number of small projects as needs arises.