RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibilities will include concepting initial mood, print and color direction with Design Director.
- Researching trend direction and market analysis for appropriate categories.
- Must be able to thoroughly understand the needs of sales, pricing, style count etc and meet calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for designing the various categories for men’s division each season.
- Responsible for fitting all styles and preparing visual comments for factory
- Creating and maintaining all technical packages for categories.
- Work hand in hand with technical department, and product development to achieve the best possible product each season.
- This position is part of the existing men’s department; teamwork, collaboration and feedback with all team members is expected.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of trims, fabrications, construction, fit and silhouette
- Knowledge of print creation & techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop in a Macintosh environment. Yarn dye creation software experience (eg. Pointcarre) a plus.
- Needs to work well both independently and collaboratively, have excellent follow through skills and self-initiative.
- Must be ready and willing to take on any number of small projects as needs arises.