Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Booking flights, hotels, accommodations, car rentals, permits and any other necessary reservations/rentals, location fees needed for shoots.
- Work with Marketing Producer on scheduling all shoots + sample wrangling.
- Process expense reports and budgets for shoots while keeping track of budget spend throughout the year.
- Model scouting, and working directly with the Marketing Producer on potential models that are brand right.
- In house model Castings, and working with head of M&Ds schedule to ensure that she’s included.
- Scheduling- work with M&D, marketing teams & photo studio to plan all scheduling for shoots .
- Shooting in studio for digital marketing assets & work to ensure schedules work throughout departments + photo studio.
- Ensure that all invoices are turned in, submitted and paid in timely manner.
- Bring creative suggestions to the team- Weather it be a location, lighting, back drops, etc. Assist the team with some fresh ideas for future seasons.
- Travel for shoots with Marketing Producer + team when needed, which includes following- Airport pick ups, drop offs, driving rental cars, order catering, make any/all necessary reservations, responsible for props and samples on location and keeping team on schedule so photo shoot stays on track.
- When overlapping shoots take place, PA would be responsible for the studio shoots going on at the corporate headquarters.
- Shipping out product.
- 2+ years as a Production or Producers Assistant role
- Model booking or model agency
- Trained Photographer
- Production Assistant Experience