Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide timely, accurate and detailed analysis to the Global Billabong leader.
- Evaluate new business opportunities and assist preparation of board proposals.
- Ensure new initiatives are implemented globally.
- Bridge between regional finance, management, and the US based brand leaders.
- Assist with management of shared service cost centers - IT, Accounting, FP&A, HR, and Legal.
- Preparation of monthly Brand P+L's with global regional commentary.
- Continued enhancement of monthly brand reporting packages on a global level.
- Assist management with compiling annual bottom-up budgets, forecasts and business plans.
- The on-time delivery of financial forecasts and management reports to all stakeholders.
- Seamless migration of budget and forecast data into monthly reporting.
- Participation in other key strategic initiatives and projects as appropriate.
- Coordinate regional allocations with Accounting and FP&A teams.
- Coordinate and prepare regional forecasts, budgets (annually) and business plans (annually).
- Lead financial presentations to Senior Management.
- Trend analysis of Gross Profit, balance sheet accounts, and expenses to assist leaders in decision making.
- Continued enhancement of monthly brand reporting packages – work with global partners and FP&A lead to standardize.
- Ensuring a seamless integration of the budgets and forecasts into monthly reporting.
- Assist in the monthly reporting process from variance analysis perspective.
- Involvement in adhoc projects, reporting and strategic initiatives as necessary.
- Degree qualified.
- CA/CPA qualification beneficial.
- Minimum 5-7 years financial management or management consulting experience.
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large data sets.
- Exposure/understanding of retail market trends and or supply chain.
- Wholesale analytical margin and pricing experience .
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with PowerPivot/Power Query, Power Bi, Hyperion and any SQL knowledge would be an advantage.