Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.This position will primarily be responsible for maintaining and enforcing Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price (UMAP) policy for the Brands.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain UMAP Policy
- Use third-party tool to track, manage, analyse and document advertising activity of authorized and unauthorized accounts
- Create weekly summary reports for the Brands and present to the Brands and Brand Sales.
- Create weekly summary reports for executive meetings
- Work with the Brands and Brand Sales to identify and track (i) accounts that negatively impact the Brands, (ii) non-compliant authorized accounts, and (iii) unauthorized accounts, and various metrics in connection therewith.
- Work with Legal, the Brands and Brand Sales to generate, maintain, coordinate and communicate violation notices. Ensure all communications are properly recorded and documented and keep track of status of communication.
- Coordinate with the Brands and Brand Sales to hold shipments and/or terminate accounts
- Communicate findings/updates with Legal, the Brands and Brand Sales
- Investigate violations and conduct online research with the Brand Sales
- Review and monitor online activities daily
- Assist E-comm with gathering style/price/colour information from the Brands
- Assist with investigation and documentation of suspected counterfeit items with the Brands and IP
- General administrative support for Legal and perform other duties as assigned by Legal
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Detail, goal/results and solutions-oriented
- Independent, self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and sense of pride and accountability in work
- Ability and desire to work within a team environment
- 0-2 years
- Business Administration; Retail/apparel industry, knowledge of online sales platforms (Amazon, eBay, Google Shopping)