Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Gather and reconcile the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate and timely accounting of the operations
- Prepare journal entries and maintain necessary working papers related to those journal entries
- Maintain proper account reconciliations to support amount reported in trial balance
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with IFRS accepted policies and procedures
- Correspond with assigned departments to compile financial data for monthly accounting and reporting
- Research and respond to all general ledger questions and inquiries in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to department and/or company special project as assigned
- Assist with any regulatory reporting, including working with the Billabong tax team, to ensure on-time and accurate compliance
- Be cognizant of internal controls and ideas to enhance
- Contribute to process improvement in order to increase efficiency
- BA in Accounting
- CPA a plus
- Minimum 3-4 years financial reporting experience
- Experience in Internal Controls