The Billabong family brands are looking for a Senior Software Engineers in the Global Direct To Consumer team. The Software Engineer will serve a critical role in developing and supporting the organization’s Global DTC OMNI Architecture Delivery function.
The Senior Software Engineers will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting software applications for global DTC Omni channel systems across all brands. The role will also be responsible for documenting and maintaining the implementation of global DTC OMNI Channel business objectives. This person will be play a critical role in architecting and implementing a global, multi lingual, multi-currency, Omni channel system while maintaining existing legacy systems.
If you are looking for a career-defining opportunity within one of the most visible teams within the Billabong family of sports action brands, we’d love to hear from you.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for IT/Web development and maintenance
- Work across Apache, Tomcat, Java, JSP, MySQL, Web services, and APIs environments
- Perform waterfall and agile software development SDLC methodologies, automated testing, and shared services design
- Responsible for product data modeling and systems integration architecture design and development to interface among Omni Channel platform, ERP fulfilment systems, and other third-party systems
- Perform TDD/BDD unit/functional automated testing, software design and architecture
- Work on UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Utilize Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and MS SQL databases
- Utilize SOA, SOAP, REST, and Gang of Four for application architectures and design
- Apply Spring, Rails, and Struts frameworks
- Design and develop a global CRM/Loyalty system for all brands
- Participate in all phases of software development
- Research and gather technical requirements
- Perform software architecture analysis and design
- Perform unit tests and assist with quality assurance (QA)
- Maintain and support legacy commerce systems
- Train and mentor junior staff and System Integration teams
- Requires Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, followed by five (5) years of progressive experience with IT/Web development and maintenance
- Working across Apache, Tomcat, Java, JSP, MySQL, Web services, and APIs environments
- Three (3) years herein to include waterfall and agile software development SDLC methodologies, automated testing, and shared services design for e-commerce; and product data modeling and systems integration architecture design and development to interface between Omni Channel and ERP