Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Online Marketing Manager will be responsible for setting up, managing and optimizing paid campaigns on Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Google Shopping, shop comparisons, affiliate, marketplaces and other online channels. This position requires strong analytical skills and extensive experience in search engine marketing. Applied knowledge of best practices in Paid Search and Display advertising is required as well as a proven track record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion perspective. Also required is an analytical mindset and relentless drive to optimize online marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This role necessitates the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, covering all aspects of Display and Search advertising, including campaign management, optimization, creative testing, and analytics.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create strategy for and manage and optimize PPC campaigns on Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook and other online channels.
- Manage affiliate program and partnerships.
- Manage marketplace placements on Amazon and other marketplaces.
- Manage and optimize retargeting and display campaigns.
- Manage and optimize video marketing campaigns.
- Set up and manage tracking on every marketing initiative to ensure ROI-positive results.
- Come up with new creative ideas (ad text, banner ads, etc.) and continuously A/B test creative assets.
- Find new sources of traffic to drive new visitors to the site and to contribute to database growth.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of site and campaign APIs.
- Work directly with the web design team and create new landing pages and continuously A/B test web creative to improve conversion rates.
- Monitor the performance of all marketing initiatives on a daily basis and report back to the head of user acquisition.
- Stay informed of PPC best practices and become a thought-leader in Search Engine Marketing strategy.
- Certification in Google Adwords and Google Shopping preferred (or 3-5 years equivalent experience).
- Proficiency with Google Analytics.
- At least 3-5 years SEM experience (Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo) with a proven history of managing profitable performance-driven campaigns, preferably working with $1MM+ budgets.
- Experience in buying, optimizing, and managing media buys on other major channels such as Facebook or Google Display Network.
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics, metrics and tools/platforms such as Google Analytics or others.
- Experience working with Amazon or other marketplaces, including international. Channel Advisor experience a plus.
- Agency experience with paid ad buying a plus.