Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop compelling product.
- Select and develop seasonal fabrications and trims.
- Develop fit blocks in partnership with Patternmaker and accurately fit product to maintain quality.
- Strong understanding of trends and influences on customer.
- Strong team spirit and ability to partner with Product Developer to deliver best possible product.
- Passion to deliver best in class products.
- Ensure team adherence to legal and policy requirements.
- Bachelors degree in design or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience in apparel design
- In depth knowledge of fabrications, trims, construction and fit.
- Expert in knit fabric, wash and finish
- Only applicants with portfolios attached will be considered.