Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Inventory/Cost Accountant will primarily be responsible for providing financial analysis and support to the North Americas wholesale and retail teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Monthly cogs analysis and journal entries
- Monthly GP analysis
- Maintain a best in class inventory analysis
- Active Finance representation and participation in inventory management (periodic count)
- Active role in standard costing process and analysis
- Maintain In-transit detailed schedule for all wholesale brands
- Regular communication cadence to operation leads regarding aged status, closeouts, etc.
- Detailed Provision analysis and NRV calculation
- Participation in other key strategic initiatives and projects as appropriate
- Prepare regional inventory reporting packages
- Prepare monthly close journal entries (as stated above)
- Build and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders of the business in order to ensure proper inventory, revenue and cogs recognition
- Report back to Finance teams to enhance education of the business and maintain proper communication in order to refine and improve process
- Provide support on adhoc projects, reporting and strategic initiatives as necessary
- Systems and accounting proficiencies a must
- Accounting degree qualified
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large set of data
- Exposure/understanding or retail market and or supply chain
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint/Power Query, Hyperion, SQL, and Netsuite is a plus
- CA/CPA or working towards completion