Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.
As the Billabong Japan Customer Service Coordinator, you will act as the liaison for the Japanese, Korean and US Business. The primary responsibilities for this position include; sales, order coordinator, meeting discussion and translation, and provision of marketing assets. Must be bi-lingual English/Japanese.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Point of contact and coordinator for Japan and Korea
- Work with multiple brands: Billabong, RVCA, Element, and Von Zipper
- Enter all orders and produce commercial invoice to ship product overseas in a timely manner
- Communicate with freight forwarders to ensure each region receives product smoothly
- Translate between English and Japanese through email, phone, and skype communication
- Attend all budget, sales, and global meetings for each brand to translate for coworkers from Japan
- In charge of all credit discrepancies for Japan and Korea to ensure costs are correct
- Coordinate all assets for design such as catalogues, tradebooks, tech packs, line list, MSRPs, color codes
- Coordinate all assets for marketing such as EDMs, social assets, advertising, fixtures, POPs
- Coordinate all assets for sales such as commercial invoices, payment invoices, order confirmations, UPCs
- Coordinate sample for each season (preline samples and salesman samples)
- Project coordinator for No Board Left Behind and New World Element
- Plan office tours and travel arrangements for Japan attendees for each office (Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper)
- Ability to speak and read Japanese fluently and experience translating in a business environment
- 2 to 3 years in a similar role
- Experience using AS400
- Ability to speak and read Japanese fluently
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Customer focused
- Proficient in Excel, including V-lookups, pivot tables and formulas.
- Strong typing/data entry skills
- Team member with strong work ethics, flexible in approach and supportive of others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical with solid problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines