RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
A RVCA SMU Designer is key to the men’s smu products and
programs for the RVCA brand. In this position we are seeking an individual that will deliver on specific account / channel / consumer needs to create
channel segmentation and account differentiation and also provide support for in-line
category designers as needed
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design special make up products in all categories for the RVCA Men’s brand, as well as help to develop new fabrications, techniques, treatments and processes to deliver on specific account needs and marketplace segmentation / differentiation.
- Design into identified opportunities by account and channel, specifically with speed to market in mind and increased penetration for the brand in Key Accounts.
- Provide support to in-line category designers as needed
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance with margin requirements
- Work closely with merchandising in reviewing prototypes, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct information to suppliers
- Work with SMU development and PLM Regional Project Manager to ensure that all necessary content, color codes, and correct style information is available for style set up in PLM.
- Work with Spec Controller to ensure that all information on Line Plan, PLM, catalogs, and AS400 are all correct and up to date.
- In-depth design and product development knowledge across apparel categories
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables
- Develop key relationships with vendors suppliers
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Must be MAC expert in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, and Excel
- Design degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in product design